Today's tip is about the different types of learning styles and how finding the right style will make a huge difference when you are studying.
Learning styles makes a difference when you're studying.
#1 If you prefer auditory modality of learning (learning by listening):
- Reciting material to yourself while studying, talking outloud
- Tape recording study notes so that you can listen to them while travelling to and from school or while exercising.
- Have discussion groups, talk to someone else
- Try using colour coding and highlighting text material
- Using bullets to separate ideas
- Making pictorial representations and diagrams of material to be learned
- Typing notes into your computer (assuming you have time and are a fairly fast typist!)
- Underlining or taking notes while reading
- Making flash cards to record information for review
- Actively writing on lecture notes and on print out readings to help yourself understand