ACE here once again. So you've studied the test material in depth and you're ready for your exams! Keep in mind though, that test writing is a skill in and of itself. Here is some useful advice!
Before your exams,
- Make sure you know where your exam is! If you've spent so much time studying, the last thing you want to do is forget your exam location. Write it down early, and make sure that you check for any last minute changes.
- Arrive early! Give yourself enough time to sit down, relax and collect your thoughts.
- Take care of your body! Eat well-balanced meals and get enough rest. Your brain will thank you. Stay away from high sugar energy drinks.
During your exam,
- Relax: Panicking won't help you now. Take a deep breath and focus on the task at hand.
- Look over the test once: First, make sure no pages are missing. Then find the easier questions and do them first. This gives you more time to focus on the challenging problems.
- Double-check your work. Re-do your calculations, re-read your explanations and re-examine your thought process. Make sure that you are answering the question!
- Concentrate! During an exam, there will be distractions. Whether it is an announcement or a shuffling invigilator, try your best to tune it out.
After your exam,
- Reward yourself. Relax and do something you enjoy. You deserve the break!
- Study for the next one! If you have another exam coming up, study hard and get ready to do it all again!
These are just some ideas of what to do before, during and after your exams. Remember if you have any questions, feel free to visit the UTSC AA&CC in Room AC213. You can also book an appointment with a Study Skills Peer Mentor through the UTSC Intranet.
That's all for now, good luck with your exams!